Established by first and second-generation immigrants to the UnitedStates, our congregation was organized on December 12, 1858, as St. Paul GermanEvangelical Church. The first worship services were held humbly in homes of its founding members.
The first church building was dedicated on November 6, 1859.
In 1934 the Evangelical Synod of North America (our denomination) united with the Reformed Church in the United States to form the Evangelical andReformed Church.In 1957 the Evangelical and Reformed Church merged with the Congregational Christian Churches to form the United Church of Christ. We have remained a UCC church ever since.